[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] modules: Adjust integer limits

Filip Roséen filip at atch.se
Fri Oct 14 19:26:59 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 2016-10-14 18:32, Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen wrote:

> On 10/14/2016 06:26 PM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> >
> > [ ... ]
> >
> That's a fair point. Although int a = var_InheritInteger should and will trigger a
> compiler warning, I'm afraid fixing all call sites could be long and painfull, if not
> error prone...
> I have no strong opinion here, beside the fact that without this commit (or with Filip
> recent commit, enforcing the check), any int64 passed through command line will be
> clamped in between the wrong values.

Another way of fixing the described issues is to only apply
`VLC_VAR_SETMINMAX` if the associated module configuration for int and
float variables, respectivally, differ from `[0,0]` and `[NaN,NaN]`.

That way we can set the default to the mentioned ranges (because it
certainly does not make sense to specify either `[0,0]` as range, or
`[NaN,NaN]`.

See attached patch.