[vlc-devel] VLC on Raspberry Pi : video to EGL surface

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Sep 24 02:36:14 CEST 2016

Le jeudi 22 septembre 2016, 11:15:49 Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> On 22 Sep, Damien wrote :
> > I am using libvlc to create an application that can display videos on the
> > Raspberry Pi, and I would like to know if libvlc can run without X, by
> > steaming video via Opengl output, to an existing EGLSurface.
>
> If I understood correctly, this would require a
> libvlc_media_player_set_fbo() call that does not exist yet.

I don't think so. Rendering to an OpenGL texture from an existing OpenGL
context is not the same as creating an OpenGL context from an existing
EGLSurface. Internally, the latter is already supported to some extent.

EGLSurface is really just an abstraction layer for windows, not textures
AFAICT.

http://www.remlab.net/