[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] demux: make p_sys void * (refs #18504, #17078)

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Dec 4 15:32:17 CET 2017

Le 4 décembre 2017 16:11:32 GMT+02:00, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> a écrit :
>Hello,
>
>On Mon, 4 Dec 2017, at 11:48, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>> So Steve is allowed to use derogatory terms for what I do on git,
>but I
>> am not allowed to use derogatory terms for what he does on the
>mailing
>> list.
>
>No, Steve is not allowed anything that does not apply to others.
>Steve gets as many remarks as everyone else, when he does not behave.
>
>Complaining about the code and attacking someone is very different.
>
>--
>Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
>+33 672 704 734

So I wrote "thanks for being a [contemptible person in slang]" instead of "thanks for behaving as a [contemptible person]". I had already corrected the statement before you called me on it... Meanwhile, he has been violating the by throwing foul language (unprovoked), them harrassing me, and that's ostensibly OK.

More generally, there is a pattern that only non-members and hobbyist members ever get publicly reprimanded. Even if this is understandable from a labour laws standpoint, this is totally double standards.

This was the last straw for me. I will not be reviewing his code on my free time ever again, except to summarily reject it. I have better things to do then explain things to somebody who insults my works and ignores explanations anyway.