[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] demux: make p_sys void * (refs #18504, #17078)

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Dec 4 15:41:15 CET 2017

On Mon, 4 Dec 2017, at 15:32, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> So I wrote "thanks for being a [contemptible person in slang]" instead of
> "thanks for behaving as a [contemptible person]". I had already corrected
> the statement before you called me on it...

He said "the code is now a PITA to use" and you answered "thanks for
being a dick."

First and second emails on this thread:
https://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2017-December/116624.html

> Meanwhile, he has been
> violating the by throwing foul language (unprovoked), them harrassing me,
> and that's ostensibly OK.

Noone has harassed you. Or you don't know what is harassment.

> More generally, there is a pattern that only non-members and hobbyist
> members ever get publicly reprimanded. Even if this is understandable
> from a labor laws standpoint, this is totally double standards.

This is not true at all.
I complained to Thomas, Hugo, François and Steve, publicly, IRL and on
various IRC, several times.
And Geoffrey on Channels that have wayyy more people than #videolan.

I have many flaws, but I am not unjust. That is not true.

> This was the last straw for me. I will not be reviewing his code on my
> free time ever again, except to summarily reject it. I have better things

Sure, do what you want. Especially on your free time.
But then, you can't complain if people don't read your rejections.

> to do then explain things to somebody who insults my works and ignores
> explanations anyway.

Insulting your work and insulting you are two different things. I've
told you many times.
I've told that to many people too, and that has not changed, and some
people have left over that.

People, you are not your code.
People, your code will be shit again and again, unless you become god.
So, stop acting like your code is an extension of your body.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734