[vlc-devel] [BUG] RTSP mjpeg stream Android crash

Maxime Guyon gmaxi17 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 11:18:48 CET 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your answer,
However I tried to connect to VLC with my intelliJ and attach process, but
it seem that VLC need to be recompiled for support native debug.
The process involve a lot of step since I do not have Linux for now and
need to install lot of dependencies...

But if you want to recreate the crash, I have a small example which make it
easy to test:
I cannot attach zip file so I uploaded it on wetransfert :
https://we.tl/E8hTvOFte6
It's a small archive (280ko) containing a precompiled executable
(RTSPTestServer.exe) and also the source in the  in case you want to
compile it.
It create a small rtsp server listening on port 554 which will stream a RTP
jpeg 80*60 image.

Just launch RTSPTestServer.exe (or compile project).
Then connect with android VLC app (Open MRL) to the server with address
"rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx:554/mjpeg/1"

Here you will see the Android application crash.
You can test with PC VLC program and see that it works.

Please ask for any question as needed.

Regards.