[vlc-devel] The --vout options has been disabled on Windows

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Dec 12 20:13:47 CET 2017

Le tiistaina 12. joulukuuta 2017, 20.05.11 EET Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> On Tue, Dec 12, 2017, at 19:59, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > Le tiistaina 12. joulukuuta 2017, 17.13.39 EET David Robison a écrit :
> > > From what you said, are you saying that it should be possible with
> > > the latest 3.0.0 code?
> >
> > No, he meant that LibVLC 3.0 picks the correct video output automatically
> > for
> > the use cases supported by LibVLC.
>
> Yes and that's why it's useless to override the vout var again,  no ?

I´m not sure what you are trying to say.

LibVLC controls the vout variable to ensure that the candidate video output
plugins match the requested render target selected by the application (X11,
custom callbacks, etc).

The X11 implementation seems actually correct. The Win32 one is so so.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
https://www.remlab.net/