[vlc-devel] [RFC 0/8] Ambisonics channels support

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Feb 24 18:46:09 CET 2017

Le perjantaina 24. helmikuuta 2017, 16.40.27 EET Francois Cartegnie a écrit :
> Le 24/02/2017 à 16:14, Adrien Maglo a écrit :
>  > we quickly reach the hard coded limit of VLC on the number of audio
>
> channels (AOUT_CHAN_MAX=9). It will probably need to be increased.
>
> I don't see the need of increasing the number of channels limited by
> AOUT_CHAN_MAX as, in my understanding, does not belong to the same code
> path:

One does need to increase the limit to use the existing channels count in the
audio format structure. But in doing so, one would have to deal with a number
of subtle and not-so-subtle assumptions involving AOUT_CHAN_MAX regarding
integer limits and what-not, not to mention hard-coded copies of it.

(Well, it could be worse: the maximum sample rate does not even have a macro.)

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
https://www.remlab.net/