[vlc-devel] [RFC 0/8] Ambisonics channels support

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Feb 25 15:39:36 CET 2017

Hello,

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017, at 16:40, Francois Cartegnie wrote:
> The ambisonic channels will never be reordered, and you have no aout
> which will support that high number of ambisonic channels, or will just

That is incorrect. There are different ordering, and while the ACN is
now the default, it wasn't always the case.

Indeed a lot of amb files will need a reordering to get in the ACN
order.

Of course, we could do it on the demuxer, but don't believe that
reordering ambisonic is an heresy.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734