[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] strings: use vlc_memstream in vlc_xml_encode()

Filip Roséen filip at atch.se
Sat Feb 25 09:22:30 CET 2017

Hi Rémi,

On 2017-02-25 10:11, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> > Missing check to see if `vlc_memstream_open` actually created a valid
> > handle.
>
> No. It is, by design, safe to ignore vlc_memstream_open() failure. Otherwise,
> I´d have marked it VLC_USED.

I know that it is safe, but I do not see any reason to ignore the
*error-code*.

For cases where having a premature error-check means a more
complicated implementation I do see a use for a "always ok"
`vlc_memstream_open`, but for trivial cases I'd rather see things be
checked - even though it is not mandatory.

Best Regards,\
Filip