[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] include: work around LLVM brain damage

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 21:00:14 CET 2017

On 27 Feb 2017, at 17:51, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> Le sunnuntaina 26. helmikuuta 2017, 21.59.01 EET Filip Roséen a
> écrit :
>> Hi Rémi,
>>
>> On 2017-02-26 21:32, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>>> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> | Sun
>>> Feb 26
>>> 22:31:05 2017 +0200| [18d92bcdbe2233f6f84cada89fa8ed17ae7a7cf5] |
>>> committer: Rémi Denis-Courmont
>>>
>>> include: work around LLVM brain damage
>>>
>>> Pointed-out-by: Filip Roséen

>> Given that this patch goes against the expressed opinions in the
>> below
>> linked message, I wonder why it was pushed without either a *RFC* or
>> continued discussion on the matter (as I believe would have been
>> suitable given the circumstances).
>
> It does not and I am quite full with those repeated accusations of
> inconsistency of yours.

Sorry, but yes it does. Given that there was another patch sent and
discussed regarding this problem, just committing your workaround
without any discussion about it on the ML doesn't seem like the right
thing to do.

> My stated opinion on the topic is that I do not want to break
> out-of-tree
> plugin inclusion of headers, and that this problem stems from a Clang
> bug
> (hence the term "work around").

Yes, however I don't see how that justifies just pushing this workaround
without
any discussion.