[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] include: work around LLVM brain damage

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Feb 27 21:15:16 CET 2017

Le maanantaina 27. helmikuuta 2017, 21.00.14 EET Marvin Scholz a écrit :
> >> Given that this patch goes against the expressed opinions in the
> >> below
> >> linked message, I wonder why it was pushed without either a *RFC* or
> >> continued discussion on the matter (as I believe would have been
> >> suitable given the circumstances).
> >
> > It does not and I am quite full with those repeated accusations of
> > inconsistency of yours.
>
> Sorry, but yes it does.

No.

> Given that there was another patch sent and
> discussed regarding this problem, just committing your workaround
> without any discussion about it on the ML doesn't seem like the right
> thing to do.

And what does that have to do with consistency or lack thereof? Well you are
trolling then, and that is a violation of the CoC.

> > My stated opinion on the topic is that I do not want to break
> > out-of-tree
> > plugin inclusion of headers, and that this problem stems from a Clang
> > bug
> > (hence the term "work around").
>
> Yes, however I don't see how that justifies just pushing this workaround
> without any discussion.

Oh the hypocrisy. Oh the ingratitude. That  change is a trivial stopgap to
make the build logs readable for people like you using LLVM.

But hey, wouldn´t you miss an opportunity to troll me. You have already shown
several times how much you despise me afterall.

Nothing prevents a better solution. Filip´s proposal is a regression though.
Even if i it is better vectored and cleaner than earlier code, it essentially
reopens #297 and effectively reverts several of the fixes that ticket
required.

I find this email absolutely intolerable.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
https://www.remlab.net/