[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Specify parameter names in include files

Olivier Aubert contact at olivieraubert.net
Wed Mar 1 18:31:43 CET 2017

While I agree that the python binding parser code should be more
robust, this would take a time that I do not have. So I adopted a path
that was faster and in the end beneficial IMHO to the whole code, since
it maintains consistency in the libvlc include code. Stating that there
are plenty of libvlc include files with anonymous parameters is
bullshit (to quote you). The goal of a public API is to be documented
anyway.

And since you mention it, I fixed declarations for parameters that were
described in doxygen documentation, with the exception of the
deprecated functions which lack such documentation.

Best regards, and have a nice day
Olivier

On Wed, 2017-03-01 at 19:07 +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le keskiviikkona 1. maaliskuuta 2017, 17.02.49 EET Olivier Aubert a
> écrit :
> > vlc | branch: master | Olivier Aubert <contact at olivieraubert.net> |
> > Wed Mar
> > 1 17:02:03 2017 +0100| [cb1e307b4bac50aa650063fc39452ecae02ed867] |
> > committer: Olivier Aubert
> >
> > Specify parameter names in include files
> >
> > It is necessary for proper automatic generation of python bindings,
> > and
> > matches the rest of the include files anyway.
>
> You need to fix the Python bindings.
>
> And there are plenty of include files with anonymous parameters, so I
> call
> bullshit on the matching argument.

In include file declarations, parameter names should be specified if