[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] access_out: srt: refactor to support connection recovery

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Apr 19 07:46:27 CEST 2018

lo,

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, at 05:25, Justin Kim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some questions about upgrading version of SRT.
>
> On 16/04/2018 11:03 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Tue, 3 Apr 2018, at 01:23, Thomas Guillem wrote:
> >> OK, for all 3 SRT commits (access, access_out, contrib).
> >
> > Contrib should not be backported directly: it should be updated to 1.2.3 (not 1.3.0, because license change) in master first, to avoid all the patches, that have been merged, before BP the 1.2.3 version.
>

> If I made a patch to use SRT 1.3.0 in master, do I need extra effort
> related to license change? Or, Does the version problem apply only to
> backporting case?

So far, we have no other library that is MPLv2 only.
So we need to work and check for the comparability of the licenses with LGPLv2.1+. It is not fun or trivial to do.

So until we have that work, stick to 1.2.3. For both master and 3.0.x

> And, do I need to propose 1.2.3 patch before 1.3.0?

I'd say yes.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734