[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] picture: factor freeing picture_t

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Dec 13 16:50:51 CET 2018

Le torstaina 13. joulukuuta 2018, 11.16.35 EET Steve Lhomme a écrit :
> This crashes on Windows. The commits after that don't fix it.
> It crashes with software and hardware chromas when freeing the decoded
> picture.

There are only two ways that this changeset can crash: either it's a trivial-
to-fix double free, or it's some latent/preexisting bug.

Either way, I don't see the need to make a huge deal on vlc-devel.

> Can you send your patches on the ML when you have big changes like that
> that you are not sure about ?

I do. And typically, they get ignored for more than a week, if not forever.
Obivously I will not be extending this to patches that I am sure about, like
this one.

And *this* is not a big change in terms of either subjective concept or
objective size.

> We all do.

Ahaha, very funny.

> I assume this was tested before pushing.

Of course. This was manually tested and make-checked with sanitizers.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
http://www.remlab.net/