[vlc-devel] vlc 4.0and 3.0.1 link failed with libdsm (contrib)

Thomas Guillem thomas at gllm.fr
Fri Feb 16 09:30:16 CET 2018

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018, at 19:27, Gilles Sabourin wrote:
> Le jeudi 15 février 2018 19:06:26 CET, vous avez écrit :
> > Le jeudi 15 février 2018, 09:03:04 CET Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > You could disable libdsm in contribs or in vlc configure.
> > > I can't reproduce your issue here (debian stable).
> >

> Strange. Maybe your distro provides a sane dsm library and its environment
> which superseded contrib's one. I have no libdsm library installed at this
> time on my SUSE LEAP 42.2

For the test, I removed every libdsm leftovers.

> This issue cannot be left unresolved or packagers won't ship vlc with dsm
> module, anyway thanks for your answer.

But why would packagers use VLC's contribs ? Contribs are more for vlc ports, windows and macOS. When I enabled libdsm, I didn't think that linux will end up using it.

I could disable libdsm for linux. But for me, every contribs should be disabled for linux, unless you do an universal package (like snap) ?