[vlc-devel] vlc-devel Digest, Vol 129, Issue 25

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Fri Feb 23 13:09:50 CET 2018

On 23.02.2018 12:00, vlc-devel-request at videolan.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This looks overkill and possibly inconsistent. I don't think it makes sense to separately check freelocale, newlocale and locale_t, and doubt that the patch would handle such mismatch anyway.

Please elaborate the inconsistency.

All the locale features in the fixup header are supported except
uselocale(). Having it a dummy code as a fallback does the trick.

> Also as Hugo noted there should be no need to test locale.h and setlocale.
>
> In fact, I don't really see the point. What good are newlocale and freelocale without uselocale?

The point is to make VLC buildable on NetBSD, one step closer to this state.

Leaving as it is causes fatal build errors of conflicts with system
headers in <locale.h>.