[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] input: use the original demux for slave synchronisation

Thomas Guillem thomas at gllm.fr
Fri Feb 23 18:06:43 CET 2018

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 17:53, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le perjantaina 23. helmikuuta 2018, 18.25.26 EET Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> > On Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 17:00, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > > This is obviously violating the threading/ownership model. Please revert.
> >
> > I don't understand why.
>
> This has been discussed many times, including last year.
>
> > p_original_demux is always set and used for now from the same thread.
>
> But ownership is transferred to some other object in the mean time.

Yes, just saw your commit. Even if for now, the filter won't destroy the demux, it can happens in the future.

Anyway, testers reported me that this solution is far from perfect. Indeed, if a video doesn't start with a subtitle (like a subtitle after 2-3min), you'll have to restart the sout and everything once you reach the first subtitle. This is not acceptable.