[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] dec: update pause/rate when the output is restarted

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Jul 6 18:21:23 CEST 2018

Le torstaina 5. heinäkuuta 2018, 10.46.51 EEST Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2018, at 18:58, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > Le keskiviikkona 4. heinäkuuta 2018, 11.17.29 EEST Thomas Guillem a écrit
:
> > > I removed this commit with a push force, it's not good in the current
> > > state
> > > because I need to make sure that aout/vout functions are called from the
> > > DecoderThread and from the Vout in the sametime.
> >
> > You mean you want to change the rate on all tracks at the same time? I can
> > see why you would ideally want that, but it sounds kinda impossible with
> > decoders running in their own threads.
>
> No I didn't meant that, but I wrote a typo:
>
> I need to make sure that aout/vout functions are *NOT* called from the
> DecoderThread and from the Output callbacks at the same time.
> Since the control var are protected with one lock, and the outputs with one
> other, this make it quite difficile.

Oh OK. Then I don't really see how this is a new problem. We already have to
ensure that the (asynchronous) output callbacks don't call DecNew or DecPay
while the decoder thread calls DecChangeRate or DecChangePause.

IIRC, it's not even legal to call DecPlay when paused. AFAICT, asynchronous
*audio* decoding is simply not supported currently. And AFAIK, it is also not
used, luckily.

And with vout, the trick is that we don't currently tell the rate.

--
レミ・デニ-クールモン
http://www.remlab.net/