[vlc-devel] [PATCH 0/9] Input Items duration cleaning
remi at remlab.net
Sat Jul 7 12:10:53 CEST 2018
So pondering this more, there are probably four different types of special duration right now:
1) Effective duration is zero, but because it's a special item, maybe it was intended to not be shown by the UI (e.g. vlc://nop maybe). This is a bit of a kludge.
2) Effective duration is simply not yet known because it has not been (pre)parsed.
3) The item has no ontological duration, e.g. capture device.
4) Cargo cult.
I guess that:
(1) should be treated as zero simply. Otherwise, invalid?
(2) and (3) can be merged even though they are not semantically the same thing? Otherwise we need to keep distinguishing between unknown and invalid.
(4) is a evidently a bug if it occurs.
Envoyé de mon appareil Android avec Courriel K-9 Mail. Veuillez excuser ma brièveté.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vlc-devel