[vlc-devel] [question] anamorphic video using vmem

Jeremy Vignelles jeremy.vignelles at dev3i.fr
Sun Mar 18 21:53:22 CET 2018

Hello,
Thanks Steve for your reply.
I did get the track Id as you suggested, and retrieved the correct track.
However the SAR that I get is 589824:414720, which reduces to 64:45, which is coherent with that log:
> main debug: original format sz 720x576, of (0,0), vsz 720x576, 4cc DX11, sar 64:45, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0

However, another log, in the media description reads:

> mkv debug: | | | | + display width=1024
> mkv debug: | | | | + display height=576

Which is the correct ratio (16:9)

VLC seems to take that aspect ratio correctly, but I don't know where to find it with libvlc. Am I missing something? Did I misunderstand the definition of what the SAR is?