[vlc-devel] GSoC 2018 Idea `libplacebo Improvement'

zhzhzoo zhang zhzhzoo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:15:12 CET 2018

Hello everybody,

I am a first year graduate from Peking University major in math. I started
to take part in algorithm competitions at grade 7, so I am very well
trained in algorithms and data structures and of course coding.
I am especially interested in the idea `libplacebo Integration &
Improvement', in the description it seems integration and improvement would
be assigned to two students, and I want to do the improvement part.
(possibly because I want to learn some graphics.) I successfully compiled
libplacebo, and looked through its issues. There says its renderer needs
more tests while other parts are fairly covered. So is this the reason why
libplacebo isn't production-ready? I want to implement Metal support
because I use a mac and hope my computer can be supported. Apart from
these, what else features for libplacebo are needed? (i.e. what does the
word `missing features' on the idea page refer to?) Thank you very much!

Regards,
Zhang Shuai.