[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] aout: export used module internal name

Thomas Guillem thomas at gllm.fr
Tue Mar 27 17:20:07 CEST 2018

The only point valid remaining is the following (the race issue doesn't exist anymore since I reverted the settings commit):

"No. Pass-through belongs in per-device configuration, where it always was and
still is, not in API, and even less so in a non-device-specific API."

So, do you prefer doing like macOS ? Duplicate every passthrough capable devices and add "(Encoded)" to the device name ?

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018, at 12:28, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> I have already pointed out several issues and I am not interested in
> discussing what a stable release is.

The audio plan for 3.0 was to add a more convenient to have passthrough playback. I though that doing like pulseaudio will be the way to go. It is not...
I just realized that every video players are disabling passthrough by default on Windows, lot of users are complaining.

That is why we need to fix this issue. And by fixing it, I mean adding a menu/easy way for users to enable/disable passthrough when playing a video, and add a way to save this settings.

Enclosed, a screenshot of the "Audio Device" menu on Windows. I would like to backport it to 3.0.