[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] qt: wallpaper mode is not supported on Windows

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon May 21 10:26:59 CEST 2018

tl;dr: feel free to revert that one.

I can conceive 3 broad manners to wall paper mode:
1) Let the window handle it. That would be good but... Well, Qt does not handle it (so far), as it ignores the state control requests.
2) Let the window go full screen/desktop, let the display magically learn about it and do the stacking behind the window plugin's back. That might work but it is ugly and brittle design.
3) Have the display learn magically of the mode, and do its own window management. That probably will not work properly because Qt will put its window to full screen (with nothing in it) regardless.

In any case, it does not seem like this will work correctly with the current state of the Qt window provider.