[vlc-devel] Meta and Command modifiers

Alexandre Janniaux alexandre.janniaux at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:28:20 CEST 2018

Isn't "option" (alt on most keyboards) the real alternative for the Meta
Key for Apple, even if X11 emulation on Mac OS X uses Command for the Super
key (emulated with the logo key on Linux) ? I believe the case of Meta
being the logo key is mostly a linux thing.

Most of the shortcut with this key are those triggered with the control key
on other systems, command+c / command+v for copy paste for example (
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236).
It might be counterintuitive to use the same key for meta, but should
certainly be confirmed by some mac users.

Also Meta is sometimes emulated with the Alt key instead of the Logo key on
Linux.