[vlc-devel] Meta and Command modifiers

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu May 24 20:55:50 CEST 2018

Le torstaina 24. toukokuuta 2018, 14.28.20 EEST Alexandre Janniaux a écrit :
> Isn't "option" (alt on most keyboards) the real alternative for the Meta
> Key for Apple, even if X11 emulation on Mac OS X uses Command for the Super
> key (emulated with the logo key on Linux) ?

I can't parse that question.

Logo (a.k.a. modifier-4) is a key symbol, like Control, Alt (a.k.a.
modifier-1) or Shift. It is not a key code, i.e. an actual physical key, so I
do not know what it means to "emulate" it.

VLC has customarily interpreted it as the Meta modifier, while the other three
have the same names in XKeyboard and in VLC. It has never mapped the Command
modifier from anything on X11/Wayland.

As far as I can tell, none of the key codes from PC layout are mapped to Logo.
I do not know what would be the typical mapping in Sun or Apple layouts.

--
Реми Дёни-Курмон
http://www.remlab.net/