[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Remove harmful HAVE_SEARCH_H

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu May 24 14:08:30 CEST 2018

You cannot be serious. After complaining that I nit-pick you have no ground to say that.

I had already mentioned that twice in the thread, plus it is patently obvious from reading the (rather short) file.

No. The problem is that, once again, you don't seem to make much effort to understand what is being explained. Or you argue for the sake of argumentation, I don't know.

That is all for me. If I answer short, you don't make the links under the excuse that it's too vague. If I have time and motivation to answer longer, you don't spend the time to grasp the whole. Generic you here. Not that Steve would be the only one.

The expectation level on review/architecture set the last time this list was suspended is unsustainable. I now have an ulcer and need to call it quit until further notice.

Maybe when people accept that the specs, the documentation and the code are valid references, and a hobbyist cannot do all the explaining here, then I might be able to start reviewing and bugfixing again. I warned about that several times in the past few years, and  I also had obvious breakdowns from it.

Now you can choose: RTFM/RTFS or wreck the code base, because this was the last straw for me.