[vlc-devel] Handling deadlock between display:Open() and vout_window_ReportSize()

Alexandre Janniaux ajanni at videolabs.io
Sun Dec 15 09:13:01 CET 2019

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 11:16:53PM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le lauantaina 14. joulukuuta 2019, 23.04.25 EET Alexandre Janniaux a écrit :
> > > Thanks for wasting my time.
> >
> > That's not the first time you say that to me. If you have
> > other points with which you'd like to blame me, please use
> > my private mail as the CoC is asking.
> >
> > I'm sorry to hear that you feel like that, but I'd like to
> > highlight that you're reponsible for how you spend your time
> > and I'm not.
>
> Telling reviewers to, essentially, bugger off, because you don't like what they
> say, is wasting their time. This has nothing to do with my choice.

I still don't understand your technical point like I said,
I didn't tell you to bugger off but instead to check what
I wrote because I spent time to describe the issue and you
didn't seem to make any reference to this to help me
understand what was wrong, so the conversation was going
nowhere.

> If that's how you work, next time, please write am up-front disclaimer that
> you're not interested in review comments because that your patches are purely
> hypothetical academic exercise never meant to be merged in any form or
> shape...

I'm still sorry that you're reacting like this. I'm not a
maintainer. I try as much as I can to be a contributor and
as any contributor I would have gone through the usual review
process to get a patch reviewed because I don't have any
other way to submit a patch.

Here I sent a diff to provide more background to the issue
and open a discussion. I personnaly apologise if it were
confusing.

I'd like this conversation to continue about the original
intent, which was requesting help on this deadlock issue.

Regards,
--
Alexandre Janniaux
Videolabs