[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] decoder: move decoder_UpdateVideoFormat() into a function

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Tue Feb 19 00:19:53 CET 2019

> On 18 Feb 2019, at 19:43, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:
>
> Le maanantaina 18. helmikuuta 2019, 19.43.04 EET Steve Lhomme a écrit :
>> That's where the pool and video context will be handled
>
> I don't see how that would work. The video context is supposed to move

It cannot move if it doesn't exist yet.

It will be created by hardware decoders but can as well be initiated by any video filter. There's also the case of legacy/CPU decoders who will still need their own pool and a dummy context (in my implementation NULL video context is not allowed in most places).

This is where it all happens.

And what was done in the vout on the format before creating the pool will also need to go in there.

This is a lot.