[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] decoder: make decoder_Clean() public

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Feb 20 11:23:54 CET 2019

Hi,

I don't think that there is a question whether there should always be a pool, because it now depends on the decoder plugin. We don't know what the decoder does or does not do internally, so there are no ways to generically allocate a pool outside on a systematic basis.

And it would be insane to allocate a whole pool for image decoders, especially considering that pictures tend to be larger than video frames. Image decoders should allocate their picture explicitly.

No, the first question is what would the determinant be to allocate a pool for the decoder or let the decoder manage its pool.