[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] vout: start before creating the thread

Thomas Guillem thomas at gllm.fr
Thu Jan 31 12:38:13 CET 2019

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019, at 12:06, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> No. That's obviously a bug in your external code.

 VLC will very likely depends on bugged external codes when display is concerned.

VLC handle so many different vout API: GL/GLES EGL/WGL/Apple, Vulkan, Direct 3D, wayland, X11.
Each of these API can have bugged drivers or bugged implementation.
Do we really want to add us an extra difficulty by having the "vout display" open() called from a different thread ?