[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] vout: start before creating the thread

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Jan 31 13:58:02 CET 2019

Hi,

That's a ridiculous argument. VLC plugins have always been such that they would br run on any thread but not be re-entered. And that's a consequence of VLC always being multi-thread-based rather event-based. If you want an event based media framework, you have the wrong project.

Not to mention that the GL provider and GL surface abstractions were specifically designed to support multi-threading, unlike their predecessors. Or that I need the changes to fix outstanding issues assigned to me.