[vlc-devel] Switch to vlc_player_t and vlc_playlist_t (QT/QML and all other intf modules)
thomas at gllm.fr
Wed Mar 27 13:46:54 CET 2019
I'm working on getting the QML branch from Pierre, the Lua branch from Romain and the misc intf branch from Victorien merged.
The result can be found here: https://github.com/tguillem/vlc/commits/qml/33
There are few important notes:
1/ The old playlist is not yet removed. Intf modules using the old playlist can not interact at all with other intf modules.
This is the case for:
- netsync: need to expose the output clock from the player too
- macos: WIP by Felix
2/ Modules are pushed one by done, therefore this will break bisect. Indeed, if you test a commit in the middle of this branch, some modules will be using the old playlist and others using the new ones. They won't be able to interact with each others.
3/ For readability, QT commits are split, the build of QT will be disabled before the first QT commit and enabled after the last one.
4/ There are build issues with mingw64: I'm working on that before the push.
5/ There are a lot of known missing features. I will create a track ticket for each ones. They all need to be fixed before 4.0 release.
- No Video integration on Windows plateform
- No Video integration on X11 plateform (we removed the QTOpengl rendering)
- Loading issues when compiled with wayland support but not available on system
- The UI won't respond to hotkeys when the video isn't embedded or when playing music
- No chapter prev/next/dvd menu button
- No ticks in the seek bar to represent chapters
- No teletext buttons (only subtitles in menu)
- No advanced buttons (rec/snapshot/a-b loop/next frame), some of them are available through the contextual menu
- List of recent play is unavailable / Recent play isn't filled properly
- No bookmark support (creation, access): This need to be removed from input_thread_t and move to the new medialibrary
- Lua extensions are not listed
- No playlist export
- Current playlist is not saved/restored on exit
- No "Renderer" integration
- QML related preferences are not saved
We would like to push the branch in its current state, knowing all the previous regressions. Indeed, we are loosing a lot of time resolving various conflicts, and this doesn't help external people that want to work on the new UI.
More information about the vlc-devel