[vlc-devel] RFC: Expose gcrypt through vlc_crypto.h ?

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Wed May 29 12:25:16 CEST 2019

Le 27/05/2019 à 20:52, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
pt API is crap, Nettle should be used in new code. If you only
> need a small set of algos, that's much smaller, thread-safe and error-free. If
> you need a large set of algos, you are reinventing TLS and that's a not a good
> idea anyway.
>
> Writing a wrapper around libgcrypt will end up bad, like libxml.

I don't see the counter argument for providing a generic API as I
suggested. Thit just allows replacing gcrypt backend in the end.

handle = vlc_hash_start(VLC_HASH_MD5)
/* if not hardcoded in core -> load a crypto module */
vlc_hash_push();
vlc_hash_finish(handle)

--
Francois Cartegnie