[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] posix: rely on F_DUPFD_CLOEXEC

Thomas Guillem thomas at gllm.fr
Tue Sep 24 00:32:36 CEST 2019

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019, at 22:57, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le maanantaina 23. syyskuuta 2019, 23.26.20 EEST Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> > On Mon, Sep 23, 2019, at 18:20, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > > So me in public and everybody else privately. Same difference. That's
> > > still
> >
> > I remember telling François and steve on this ML.
>
> All I see is asking François if he can send patches for review in the future.
> Noting from Steve at all.

I speak to Steve regularly, and we do video conf so I might have tel him this way. To be honest I don't remember.

> How convenient to remember something that did not happen (sources: vlc-devel
> archives).
>
> Well, if that's it, then I remember that the committee did not approve any
> review mandate. So I am going to flatly ignore all your comments on mandatory
> reviews until the commitee or the GA passes a resolution on the topic

Why so much tension ? Could we work together again ? It worked quite well in the past few months, every one were respecting each others and each others reviews. It can't work if you ignore me or if I ignore you since we are both main VLC developers...

I know for a fact that most people want mandatory review. I think it will be voted during the next VDD. In the meantime, I would really love that all core commits go through the ML. I really apprecited your extra effort recently when you went throught the ML. And I always try to send good reviews.