[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] posix: rely on F_DUPFD_CLOEXEC

Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen hugo at beauzee.fr
Tue Sep 24 09:11:34 CEST 2019

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019, at 9:00 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> You asked why the ambience is bad and I answered. I don't want to hear
> excuses. If you don't like the answer that does not change.

That is your take on what's happening.

> If you think the GSoC ambience is more worthy than the vlc-devel
> ambience, that is your subjective opinion. That does not change the
> situation that the ambience is shit because of demotivate from UI
> brokeness (like in 0.9) and from you picking on people who don't agree
> with your mandatory review hypocritical nonsense.

As Thomas explained, he was charged with merging the UI, and objected about this, but still merged it because it was the path forward. I can take partial responsibility on this, being part of the board, but I don't think Thomas should.

The GSoC ambiance was not the goal, moving forward with the new UI was. Having students working on that helped a lot, and it wouldn't have been possible with the code unmerged.

--
  Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen
  hugo at beauzee.fr