[vlc-devel] RIST Protocol: remove old rist modules and add new ones based on the librist library

Sergio M. Ammirata, Ph.D. sergio at ammirata.net
Sat Apr 18 18:29:52 CEST 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>
To: vlc-devel at videolan.org
Subject: Re: [vlc-devel] RIST Protocol: remove old rist
modules and add new ones based on the librist library
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 16:26:13 +0300

Le lauantaina 18. huhtikuuta 2020, 3.09.35 EEST Sergio M.
Ammirata, Ph.D. a écrit :I have created a new fork with
just two commits to make iteasy to read. One commit deletes
the old modules and thenext one creates the new ones.Can I
get some feedback please? I am ready to submit amerge
request.
https://code.videolan.org/rist/vlc/-/commits/rist-devThanks
,
I don't exactly see the point in using an external library
for a relatively simple protocol as RIST. We're just going
to get more dependency versions problems, less visibility
and more bugs.

The protocol has a new "main profile" and it is not so simple anymore. Besides, the new library "librist" is Videolan project as well and can be statically linked if that is the preferred method.
https://code.videolan.org/rist/librist
Sergio