[vlc-devel] RTSP assertion failures due to missing config variables

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Apr 24 18:17:12 CEST 2020

Le perjantaina 24. huhtikuuta 2020, 10.14.18 EEST Mark Lee a écrit :
> Consequently there's the assertion failures, and it's no longer possible to
> use VLC to setup a password protected RTSP stream is it?

If your question is how to secure an RTSP stream, then the answer is that you
never could, at least not with VLC on the server side.

So I'm not sure what's the point to put a password there. You could just as
well put a UUID in the URL. It would be fail to provide confidentiality, but at
least it would be more secure than a user password like 1234.

Regardless assertion failures obviously need to be fixed one way or another.

--
Реми Дёни-Курмон
http://www.remlab.net/