[vlc-devel] Can't build VLC - can't get past No package 'Qt5QuickControls2' found

Mark H. David mhd at yv.org
Wed Jul 8 22:53:03 CEST 2020

I'm trying to build on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS. I installed and built a full Qt5 and then fully cloned vlc. I don't know how to get past this failure on Qt5QuickControls2. Can anyone tell me what works? Here are log highlights:

$ git clone https://github.com/videolan/vlc.git
 Cloning into 'vlc'...
$ cd vlc
$ ./bootstrap
 Successfully bootstrapped
$ ./configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH=~/repos/qt5/qtbase/lib/pkgconfig
 checking for QT... no
 configure: error: No package 'Qt5QuickControls2' found. If you want to build VLC without GUI, pass --disable-qt.