[vlc-devel] Can't build VLC - can't get past No package 'Qt5QuickControls2' found

Alexandre Janniaux ajanni at videolabs.io
Thu Jul 9 09:55:02 CEST 2020

Hi,

In order to check that you have everything right before
configuring, you can try run pkg-config directly instead:

    PKG_CONFIG_PATH=~/repos/qt5/qtbase/lib/pkgconfig \
        pkg-config --modversion Qt5QuickControls2

If you have an error instead of the package version, it means
that the package is not available there, so you probably want
to check the files in this directory.

If the file is ought to be there, try expanding the tilde
into /home/youruser/ or other.

Regards,
--
Alexandre Janniaux