[vlc-devel] GSOC Introduction & Project Guidance

Arnav Ishaan arnav7ishaan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 17:32:03 CET 2020

Hello Sir & The VLC Team,

I am Arnav Ishaan, a final year Computer Science undergraduate at BIT
Mesra, India. I am comfortable with C/C++, Python and JavaScript, and am
currently working as a Research Intern at Samsung R&D, Bangalore, India.
Here is a link to my github profile
<https://github.com/knightwayne?tab=overview&from=2019-12-01&to=2019-12-31>.
I would like to contribute to the VLC code-base under the GSOC 2020
programme.

More concretely, I would like to work on Development of MPD server inside
VLC <https://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2020#Develop_a_MPD_server_inside_VLC>
project
under Mr. Thomas Guillem*. *

Currently, I am trying to build VLC on my system(Ubuntu OS), and have been
reading more about MPD protocol and features. I am also planning on
developing a simple MPD client-server architecture before the application
submission deadline.

I needed to ask if this the right way to connect with my mentor (Mr. Thomas
Guillem), and also a little elaboration on the project goals would really
help me a lot.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Arnav Ishaan