[vlc-devel] Clarifications about license and usage

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon May 25 16:34:15 CEST 2020

	Hi,

Le perjantaina 22. toukokuuta 2020, 13.12.10 EEST Nikolay Rybalko a écrit :
> I want to make sure that we do not violate the license LGPLv2.1
>
> 1. We will not modify source code of MobileVLCKit

As far as I can tell, that's hardly irrelevant when it comes to LGPLv2.1. If
you don't modify the source code, you don't need to document your
(nonexistent) changes, but that's the only "gain".

> 2. We will add MobileVLCKit library description inside our “Attribution &
> Licenses” popup. So end-user will ensure that we use your library inside
> our application.

> So main question
> Can we use your library with this 2 points provided from our side? And can
> we publish our application to the AppStore with your library inside our
> application(without dynamic linking)?

There are other conditions set forth in the license, notably those in sections
4 and 6. It is probably somewhat easier to use dynamic linking, although even
then there would be other conditions.

I do not think that there are any legal experts here, so I can only advise
that you check the entire license.

Br,

--
レミ・デニ-クールモン