[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] video_output: let the deinterlacing code access vout_thread_interlacing_t

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Nov 16 17:24:17 CET 2020

Le lundi 16 novembre 2020, 09:23:37 EET Steve Lhomme a écrit :
> It doesn't look like a rejection at all. And the patchset, in the end,
> achieves something important: applying the deinterlacing before the
> interlaced picture is displayed, nor after.

All this patch does is add an ugly and confusing pattern of doubly nesting
private structure. That's something we've never done, and I think that is
something we should never do, because it's just too damn confusing.

I already pointed that out *two* reviews ago.

And you can say whatever you want. There are no fundamental reasons why this
would ever be necessary. There cannot be fundamental reasons why this would be
necessary in the first place: it's just a questionable choice of style, out of
many, to implement the bug fix that you're trying to implement.