[vlc-devel] Tagging VLC 3.0.13

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Apr 4 09:18:55 UTC 2021

Le lauantaina 3. huhtikuuta 2021, 17.45.35 EEST Pierre Ynard via vlc-devel a
écrit :
> Either way, I
> don't personally use Twitch so I decline maintainership of the script.

I don't personally care about Twitch and even if I did, I couldn't force you
or Marvin to fix it, so if nobody steps up, I suggest we remove it.

However I have to point out that:

> When it last broke, I did still take a look at it, and at that time
> the obvious solution involved setting custom HTTP request headers
> (https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/issues/25397);

Youtube-DL is able to record Twitch lives, at least age-unrestricted ones,
just fine, without any custom headers.

The VLC Youtube-DL plugin does not use custom headers and it is able to
extract the manifest. It seems that the adaptive plugin cannot handle the
Twitch manifest timeline though, so the playback fails a few seconds in.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
http://www.remlab.net/