[vlc-devel] Fuzzing VLC

Adam Korczynski Adam at Adalogics.com
Sat Apr 17 10:24:17 UTC 2021

Hi,

Yep thanks, I saw it.

I do manage to partially run the fuzzer inside the OSS-fuzz image, but it seems to fail when loading the demux module. I will need a bit more time for that fuzzer.

Would you be alright with integrating VLC with the string-fuzzer to begin with to close the integration into OSS-fuzz, and then add support for the existing demux-fuzzer once VLC has been integrated into OSS-fuzz? From my side it will be a more productive approach.
I can commit to setting up the demux-fuzzer as I have already started the process.

Kind regards,
Adam
________________________________
From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>
Sent: 17 April 2021 08:36
To: vlc-devel at videolan.org <vlc-devel at videolan.org>; Adam Korczynski <Adam at Adalogics.com>
Subject: Re: [vlc-devel] Fuzzing VLC

        Hi,

Le maanantaina 12. huhtikuuta 2021, 22.48.35 EEST Adam Korczynski a écrit :
> I would be happy to improve upon this first step and write more fuzzers.
> There are a number of more critical parts to fuzz, and it should be
> possible with the current state of VLC's build system to cover more
> critical parts of the code base than the current fuzzer does. I have looked
> into the possibilities for a week or so until now, and until now it looks
> like I can check all the boxes for a productive integration into OSS-fuzz.

FYI, there is already a generic fuzzer, and an LLVM/LibFuzzer backend in test/
covering demuxer and demuxer+decoder.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
http://www.remlab.net/

ADA Logics Ltd is registered in England. No: 11624074.
Registered office: 266 Banbury Road, Post Box 292,
OX2 7DL, Oxford, Oxfordshire , United Kingdom