[vlc-devel] Fuzzing VLC

Adam Korczynski Adam at Adalogics.com
Wed Apr 28 12:43:35 UTC 2021

Hi,

Just following up on this.

We are interested in putting in more work on fuzzing VLC continuously, but it only makes sense to do that if maintainers have interest in integrating with OSS-fuzz.

Currently all work will be done on OSS-fuzz.

Kind regards,
Adam
________________________________
From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>
Sent: 17 April 2021 08:36
To: vlc-devel at videolan.org <vlc-devel at videolan.org>; Adam Korczynski <Adam at Adalogics.com>
Subject: Re: [vlc-devel] Fuzzing VLC

        Hi,

Le maanantaina 12. huhtikuuta 2021, 22.48.35 EEST Adam Korczynski a écrit :
> I would be happy to improve upon this first step and write more fuzzers.
> There are a number of more critical parts to fuzz, and it should be
> possible with the current state of VLC's build system to cover more
> critical parts of the code base than the current fuzzer does. I have looked
> into the possibilities for a week or so until now, and until now it looks
> like I can check all the boxes for a productive integration into OSS-fuzz.

FYI, there is already a generic fuzzer, and an LLVM/LibFuzzer backend in test/
covering demuxer and demuxer+decoder.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
http://www.remlab.net/

ADA Logics Ltd is registered in England. No: 11624074.
Registered office: 266 Banbury Road, Post Box 292,
OX2 7DL, Oxford, Oxfordshire , United Kingdom