[vlc-devel] VLC | wam32-emscripten: add initial support (!184)

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Thu Oct 14 15:09:39 UTC 2021

> Are you not blowing this out of proportion for no reasons?
>
> If wanted to have full control of VLC and kick one person out of the
> community, I could have done this long ago.
> So please stop those personal attacks right now, and focus on the
> solution on the dev process.

lol I see there's been some fun since I stopped paying attention.

This is problematic. That's not something you should say. We wonder what
the conclusion is supposed to be here: are you asserting yourself as a
benevolent and merciful dictator of VideoLAN? That wouldn't exactly be
something good.

What you acknowledge yourself here sounds like a problem to me. In
my opinion, you shouldn't be able to take full control of VLC, and
the fact that you apparently are is an organizational problem that
should be fixed - and not something to brag about or use as a talking
point. Obviously, same or arguably worse about your ability to kick out
whomever you want.

When I see you intervene in a mailing list thread, it's most often
to try and silence the ongoing discussion. That reeks of lack of
transparency and accountability... especially when coupled here with
claims about your own discretionary power! This is a problem - and not
something new.

So what about me? With this recurrent behavior you keep alienating me
out of the community, and now I've indulged in a mindset of watching
dysfunction from outside instead of being helpful. Alienating me out
of the community, and in effect not much different from kicking me out
like you say you could, was that intentional on your part? Are you happy
about the result? You sounded like you meant you could but wouldn't do
that - so what do you think now that you in fact did? Do you think it's
a problem?

What if Rémi gets fortuitously alienated too, since this is apparently
what this thread is talking about? Are you going to say "oops, too bad"?

Are you even going to grace me with a reply, beyond a one-liner or
another equivalent of "stop this discussion"? That's problematic.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."