[vlc-devel] VLC | wam32-emscripten: add initial support (!184)

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Oct 14 16:03:33 UTC 2021

On Thu, 14 Oct 2021, at 17:09, Pierre Ynard via vlc-devel wrote:
> This is problematic. That's not something you should say. We wonder what
> the conclusion is supposed to be here: are you asserting yourself as a
> benevolent and merciful dictator of VideoLAN? That wouldn't exactly be
> something good.

I am not.
However, I'm de facto, the legal responsible for VideoLAN since 10+ years.

> to try and silence the ongoing discussion. That reeks of lack of
> transparency and accountability...

Feel very free to present yourself as president of VideoLAN and steer the vision and direction of VideoLAN and/or VLC software. The next elections are in less than 2 months, feel very free to do it.

> Are you even going to grace me with a reply, beyond a one-liner or
> another equivalent of "stop this discussion"? That's problematic.

Oh no, just "present yourself as president if you are so competent and clever"
and "feel free to fork VLC if you don't like the majority opinion"

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734