[vlc-devel] VLC 3.0.18 release will be tagged soon

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 06:55:50 UTC 2022

> Am 20.08.2022 um 09:01 schrieb David Fuhrmann <david.fuhrmann at gmail.com>:
>
> Dear VideoLAN community,
>
> We would like to do the 3.0.18 release soon, and we would like to try out an improved release process this time:
>
> - First, we will tag 3.0.18-rc and build and publish all release artifacts for testing for the whole community (on download.videolan.org/testing/ <http://download.videolan.org/testing/>)
> - We will give 1-2 weeks for concentrated testing. Help from everyone is very welcome here, please use the published artifacts to find out whether we have any serious regressions or urgent bugs which need to be fixed before the final release
> - The final release will be tagged as 3.0.18
>
> After some discussion with Hugo and j-b, we would like to propose the following timeline:
>
> - 3.0.18-rc tag: Monday August 22nd (next week)
> - 3.0.18 tag: Wednesday August 31st (1,5 weeks later)
>
> Would this timeline be fine for everyone who is affected?
>
> I would like to propose a more stringent approach on the timeline for the releases from now on:
> In case of some serious issues which might delay the planned dates, I kindly ask to be transparent about it and discuss it here on this mail thread, on this very mailing list. Please always provide a clear and concrete explanation what is blocking the release, including a link to a bug ticket or open merge request which still needs to go in. If we see no veto from anyone, the tag shall happen as planned above.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> David

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the release candidate already. The rc builds are now available on: https://download.videolan.org/testing/vlc-3.0.18-rc/ <https://download.videolan.org/testing/vlc-3.0.18-rc/>
Any sort of additional testing is very appreciated (also using the release tarballs).

We already found multiple issues, currently blocking the final tag is #27276 <https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/issues/27276>, and Steves fixes for dvdnav (!2416).

Best regards,
David