[vlc-devel] Support for Windows on Arm

Pierrick Bouvier pierrick.bouvier at linaro.org
Fri Sep 9 08:50:08 UTC 2022

On 9/9/22 10:41, Martin Storsjö wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2022, Steve Lhomme wrote:
>
>> We could provide nightlies for now. The steps to do that is first create
>> a build target in our CI and when it works, add one for the nightlies
>> build. The rest should be automatic.
>>
>> The "when it works" might be the tricky part.
>
> It has worked with latest VLC from git master, without any out of tree
> patches, out of the box for the last 3-4 years at least.
>
> This has been brought up numerous times with J-B, it's all just up to
> Videolan to care to put up builds. (I have nightly builds since forever,
> but I don't want to use my own test infra for providing public VLC
> builds.)

Good to hear you've been running nightlies build all this time!

Sure, using your own private machine for that is not a solution.

If we could provide a physical windows on arm machine (or VM on Azure),
would that solve the problem for you? You can get access to it, and we
can help with setting this up.