[vlc-devel] Support for Windows on Arm

Martin Storsjö martin at martin.st
Fri Sep 9 13:15:22 UTC 2022

On Fri, 9 Sep 2022, Pierrick Bouvier wrote:

>> That sounds great - how do I get access to one of your lab machines? :-)
>>

> We have a VPN access to it, and credentials for one of the machines to access
> it in remote desktop.
> Those are Surface Pro X. Details available in private :)

Ah, interesting!

>> Yes, continuously used machines tend to cost a bit. BTW, what's the
>> situation with ARM VMs on Azure at the moment - are they available for the
>> general public already, or only for limited sets of users?
>>

> They are publicly available for anyone as a "preview" since april.

Right, looking up old blog posts, it seems like you had to specifically
request access to it and be approved - but since quite recently, they're
apparently publicly available now since September 1st:
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/azure-virtual-machines-with-ampere-altra-arm-based-processors-generally-available/

// Martin